Steven Reich, ruler of the Pokemon Internet Radio Network, is back again to decipher the insane language of licensed music, particularly where Pocket Monsters are concerned. Makoto of the Pikipi Podcast is here, too, lending her expert knowledge of Pokemon anime to the show. Stand by for a blast(oise) of fun facts in rapid(ash) succession, giving you plenty of knowledge to (pika)chew on for quite some time!
This week's Open Question: "When does licensed music work for a game and when doesn't it?"
How did you like this episode? If the answer is "lots" then consider following Train Station at 8 on Twitter, subscribing on iTunes, or maybe sending an email to TrainStationAt8@gmail.com. Hearing from you would make our day and then some!
Music used in this episode:
- Chilling with the Monkey Porter (Train Station at 8 Season 2 Theme) - Bryan Kelly
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Main Title - James Horner
- Twister - Takeharu Ishimoto
- Sunlight Filtering Through the Trees - Revo
- Spring Emotions - Tomoya Ohtani
- Stay Fresh! - Ben Briggs
- Dash Cancel - Nutritious
- Team Rocket Hideout - Junichi Masuda
- Pokemon Report - Ikuko Mimori
- Wild Pokemon (Pokemon Ranger) - ???
- Battle! Team Galactic - Junichi Masuda
- Pokemon Trading Card Game Title - ???
- Cele-B-R-A-T-E - Russell Velazquez