The 50th episode of Train Station at 8 is crowned with a video game deserving of the notably round number: Super Mario 64. Christophe Blondel, also known as CarboHydroM, is a dude with a deep appreciation for the art of music-making and star-collecting, so we've got him on board again. The three of us happily jump back into the magical painting of the past to compare Koji Kondo variations, make observations on how soundtracks changed with polygons, and simply remember good times.
Listen to "Super Mario 64 Theme" here!
How did you like this episode? If the answer is "lots" then consider following Train Station at 8 on Twitter, subscribing on iTunes, or maybe sending an email to TrainStationAt8@gmail.com. Hearing from you would make our day and then some!
Music used in this episode:
- Chilling with the Monkey Porter (Train Station at 8 Season 2 Theme) - Bryan Kelly
- You Will Know Our Names - ACE+
- Hometown - Yoko Shimomura
- Try to Keep Up! (Athletic) - Super Marcato Bros.
- Jambone - Snarky Puppy
- Super Bell Hill - Mahito Yokota, Toru Minegishi, Yasuaki Iwata, Koji Kondo
- Plessie's Plunging Falls - Mahito Yokota, Toru Minegishi, Yasuaki Iwata, Koji Kondo
- Champion's Road - Mahito Yokota, Toru Minegishi, Yasuaki Iwata, Koji Kondo
- Super Mario 64 Title Theme - Koji Kondo
- Bowser's Theme (Super Mario 64) - Koji Kondo
- Penguin Cap - CarboHydroM
- Inside the Castle Walls - Koji Kondo
- Slider - Koji Kondo
- Snow Mountain - Koji Kondo
- Starman Theme (Super Mario Bros.) - Koji Kondo
- Powerful Mario - Koji Kondo
- Metallic Mario - Koji Kondo
- Starman Theme (Yoshi's Island) - Koji Kondo
- Cave Dungeon - Koji Kondo