Welcome to Season 2 of Train Station at 8! We're still here every Saturday, ready to talk about video game music-- that hasn't changed-- but now we're looking at just one piece of music per week. The shift in structure was inspired by our Island Swing episode during which we learned how much mileage and excitement you can get out of a single song. Not only that, but the eight question format is gone, replaced by a simpler set of dual topics: the chosen song and our history with it. We hope you enjoy the change in tempo, and please let us know what you think!
It's just the two of us (Stephen and Bryan) in this season opener, and we've gone back to our roots for a closer look at our new theme song. "8pm" from Animal Crossing: Wild World is the source tune, transporting us to memories of warm summer evenings in the good company of K.K. Slider and the Monkey Porter. A new chapter fueled by nostalgia!
How did you like this episode? If the answer is "lots" then consider following Train Station at 8 on Twitter, subscribing on iTunes and YouTube, or maybe sending an email to TrainStationAt8@gmail.com. Hearing from you would make our day and then some!
Stuff we talked about:
Music used in this episode:
- Chilling with the Monkey Porter (Train Station at 8 Season 2 Theme) - Bryan Kelly
- Plateau - SoundTeMP
- Antique Cowboy - SoundTeMP
- Watchman's Ease - Jeremy Soule
- The Mountain - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Factory Tour - Jun Ishikawa
- 12pm (Animal Crossing) - Kazumi Wada / Kenshirou Ueda / Kunio Watanabe / Nate Bihldorff / Rich Amtower
- 5pm (Animal Crossing: Wild World) - Kazumi Totaka / Asuka Ota
- 6pm (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) - Manaka Kataoka / Atsuko Asahi
- 8pm (Animal Crossing: Wild World) - Kazumi Totaka / Asuka Ota