Mario Kart 8's live jazz band ensured that Train Station at 8 would be dedicating an episode to the series. Composer (and Mario Kart remixer) Christophe Blondel-- also known as CarboHydroM-- agreed that this would be a swell idea and here is the result!
How did you like this episode? If the answer is "lots" then consider following Train Station at 8 on Twitter and subscribing on iTunes, or maybe send an email to TrainStationAt8@gmail.com. Hearing from you would make our collective day!
The 8 Questions. Give us your answers, too, so we can talk and stuff!
1. What have you been listening to?
2. What’s your history with Mario Kart?
3. What do you like about Mario Kart music?
4. What do you not like about Mario Kart music?
5. What’s your personal favorite Mario Kart soundtrack?
6. What makes you notice the music in Mario Kart while playing, and how noticeable do you think it should be?
7. What’s something you’d like to see Mario Kart music try that it hasn’t yet?
8. What have you been working on?
Music used in this episode:
- KK Podcasting (Train Station at 8 Theme) - Bryan Kelly
- Planetarium - CarboHydroM
- Strike the Earth! (Plains of Passage) - Jake Kaufman
- A Thousand Leagues Below (Iron Whales) - Manami Matsumae
- La Danse Macabre (Lich Yard) - Jake Kaufman
- Fighting With All Our Might - Jake Kaufman
- Character Select (Super Mario Kart) - Soyo Oka
- Title Screen (Mario Kart 8) - Shiho Fuji / Atsuko Asahi / Ryo Magamatsu / Yasuaki Iwata
- Baby Park - Shinobu Tanaka / Kenta Negata
- Koopa Beach - Soyo Oka
- Moo Moo Meadows - Shiho Fuji / Atsuko Asahi / Ryo Magamatsu / Yasuaki Iwata
- Bowser's Castle - Kenichi Nishimaki / Masanobu Matsunaga / Minako Hamano
- Mount Wario - Shiho Fuji / Atsuko Asahi / Ryo Magamatsu / Yasuaki Iwata