It's an all-you-can-eat buffet and Kirby music's on the menu! Float along with returning guest Morgan Sleeper and all-new ally Jon Wahlgren (both of whom write for Nintendo Life) as they rejoice in the musical whimsy of Dream Land. Feel the beat of Butter Building and the gusto of Grape Garden in a shower of MP3 stardust as we salute the chipper good times our pal Kirby has provided.
How did you like this episode? If the answer is "lots" then consider following Train Station at 8 on Twitter and subscribing on iTunes, or maybe send an email to TrainStationAt8@gmail.com. Hearing from you would make our collective day!
The 8 Questions:
1. What have you been listening to?
2. What defines Kirby music and sets it apart?
3. What are some of the biggest weaknesses in Kirby music?
4. What’s your personal favorite Kirby soundtrack?
5. How is the use of instrumentation different between the two games?
6. What are some of the standout stylistic departures in Kirby music?
7. What’s something you’d like to see Kirby music try that it hasn’t yet?
8. What have you been working on?
Music used in this episode:
- KK Podcasting (Train Station at 8 Theme) - Bryan Kelly
- Puppy Love - George & Jonathan
- Across the Ocean - Zircon
- Kirby Dance - Jun Ishikawa / Dan Miyakawa
- Title Screen (Epic Yarn) - Tomoya Tomita
- Green Greends (Epic Yarn) - Tomoya Tomita
- Vs. Krakko (Epic Yarn) - Tomoya Tomita
- Quilty Square - Tomoya Tomita
- Opening (Canvas Curse) - Jun Ishikawa / Tadashi Ikegami
- A Green Green Dedede - Sir NutS
- PopStar Level Select - Jun Ishikawa / Hizokaru Ando