A trio of newcomers appears on the scene this episode with retro thoughts in their hearts: Joe Walker of The Backlog, Christina Walker of Reginald the Vegan Zombie, and Morgan Sleeper of Nintendo Life (a music-maker in his own right). The good old days bask in the glory of this week's discussion, guaranteed to bring you back to another time whether you're a fan of Genesis voice samples or prefer the classically constructed WonderSwan.
How did you like this episode? If the answer is "lots" then consider following Train Station at 8 on Twitter and subscribing on iTunes, or maybe send an email to TrainStationAt8@gmail.com. Hearing from you would make our collective day!
The 8 Questions:
1: What have you been listening to?
2: Do you play any instruments?
3: What's the earliest game in which you can remember hearing live instruments?
4: Was anything lost in the transition from MIDI to live instruments?
5: What are some personal favorite instruments to hear in game soundtracks?
6: What are some musical genres or styles you think need more representation in gaming?
7: Which soundtracks would you most like to hear live?
8: What have you been working on?
Stuff we talked about:
Music used in this episode:
- KK Podcasting (Train Station at 8 Theme) - Bryan Kelly
- Battle! (Trainer Battle) - Junichi Masuda / Shota Kageyama
- Island Relics - Tomoya Ohtani
- Click Clock Wood - Grant Kirkhope
- DK Rap - Grant Kirkhope
- Tetris Opera - Video Games Live
- Damn It! - ??? (If you know who composed this track, let us know!)
- Mario Paint BGM 1 - ??? (If you know who composed this track, let us know!)
- Battle Against Belch - ??? (If you know who composed this track, let us know!)
- The Ocean - Koichi Sugiyama
- Bridge Zone - Yuzo Koshiro
- Clock Town Days 1, 2, and 3 - Koji Kondo
- Kai Highway - ??? (If you know who composed this track, let us know!)