You may know him as the tiny yet enthralling voice from Extra Credits, or perhaps as OC ReMixer sephfire, or possibly as an animator with a good eye for quality cartoons. Regardless, Daniel Floyd is here with Train Station at 8 to talk about fond memories of days gone by and how video game music taps into that sentimental spirit we all have. He also shares a bit of cinema wisdom and agrees that the Nintendo 64 is great.
The 8 Questions:
1: What have you been listening to?
2: When you think of nostalgia in relation to video game music, what first comes to mind?
3: Is there a game soundtrack that directly links your brain to a certain time of life?
4: What's the most recent soundtrack you'd consider personally nostalgic?
5: Have you listened to anything recently that you might call nostalgic years from now?
6: Do you think nostalgia is a barrier to accepting new ideas?
7: What are nostalgic musical memories we haven't had a chance to talk about yet?
8: What have you been working on?
Stuff we talked about:
Music used in this episode:
- KK Podcasting (Train Station at 8 Theme) - Bryan Kelly
- Intro - She
- Crash Man - Takashi Tateishi
- Entwined Destiny - Junichi Nakatsuru
- Want to be Close - ??? (If you know who composed this song, let us know!)
- Into Free - B'z
- Penguin Cap - CarboHydroM
- Everything Is Awesome!!! (Feat. The Lonely Island) - Tegan and Sara
- Love For My Insane Lover - Akira Yamaoka