Jayson Napolitano of Scarlet Moon Productions joins us to talk about soundtrack releases from across the ages, spanning the days of Nintendo Power promotional CDs to the modern digital sound files as we know them today. Album names fly furiously from all panelists, but Jayson inevitably puts the humble hosts to shame with a high-five worthy collection of soundtrack and knowledge stored with loving care. Best of all, the winner between the American and Japanese Sonic CD soundtrack wars is determined to be both of them!
The 8 Questions:
1: What have you been listening to?
2: What is the first video game soundtrack you ever owned?
3: Where do you buy soundtracks?
4: Which soundtrack releases do you wish were out there but aren't?
5: What do you think about soundtracks as part of special promotions? (Pre-orders, deluxe editions, lotteries, rodeo prizes, etc.)
6: What are your go-to soundtracks?
7: What's the most recent soundtrack you bought?
8: What have you been working on?
Stuff we talked about:
- Dragon Fantasy Book II soundtrack
- Saturday Morning RPG
- Just Fun Kickstarter (The Kickstarter is over and it was a crazy success!)
- Chrono Trigger Symphony Volume 3
Music used in this episode:
- KK Podcasting (Train Station at 8 Theme) - Bryan Kelly
- Tornado Man Goes Clubbing - Zircon
- Nerevar Rising - Jeremy Soule
- He's a Pirate - Klaus Badelt
- Reign of the Septims - Jeremy Soule
- A New Challenger!! (Theme of Apex 2014) - John Ryan
- S-Tier - OA, Flexstyle
- Elav the Terrible - Wolfstone
- Rage Valley - Knife Party
- Escape - Vince DiCola
- Stardust Speedway "P" Mix - SEGA
- Escape From the City... for City Escape - Jun Senoue, Ted Poley, Tony Harnell
- A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup - Hunnid P
- Unknown From M.E. - Marlon Saunders, Dread Fox
- Spagonia (Night) - Kenichi Tokoi